Hurricane Irma Update 8
Our power turned off for about 7-8 seconds at about 4:30pm. We thought that was it for us, but then it turned back on.
I turned our fridge and freezer to our coldest setting.
Our power turned off again for a few seconds a few minutes ago (5:30pm), just as I was loading up the blog to post another update (just in case our power goes out for good).
A friend in Melbourne lost power and it hasn't come back on.
The wind is getting much stronger. I'm not worried, but it is a little nerve wracking. I'd say at this point I have not experienced a stronger storm since moving to Florida (mind you we were gone for Hurricane Matthew). There is not a whole lot of debris yet. Some very small branches have come off trees, and also a few dead palm fronds have come down.
If our power is still on, I'll post another update tonight before going to bed.
Love and peace,
Lisha and Kyle
I turned our fridge and freezer to our coldest setting.
Our power turned off again for a few seconds a few minutes ago (5:30pm), just as I was loading up the blog to post another update (just in case our power goes out for good).
A friend in Melbourne lost power and it hasn't come back on.
The wind is getting much stronger. I'm not worried, but it is a little nerve wracking. I'd say at this point I have not experienced a stronger storm since moving to Florida (mind you we were gone for Hurricane Matthew). There is not a whole lot of debris yet. Some very small branches have come off trees, and also a few dead palm fronds have come down.
If our power is still on, I'll post another update tonight before going to bed.
Love and peace,
Lisha and Kyle
Comments
Post a Comment