Hurricane Irma Update 7
Our power is now flickering some of the time. It is very dark, so we have our lights on and the lights were flickering when the strong winds came. Our power held up... for now. So it's very likely we will lose power at some point. We sometimes lose power in normal storms, so I would not be surprised if we lost power in this storm.
Here's some footage I took at about 11:40am (at about 0:44 seconds I have to move back from the screen because a large gust of wind came blowing in a bunch of rain, etc):
And another video about a minute later:
Very windy gusts, misty rain flying everywhere (as I said before, videos don't really do it justice). Our backyard has a nice lake in it now (which we've experienced before). The weather feels very cool, colder outside than inside (usually it's cooler inside because air conditioning).
It has calmed down now. The conditions change moment by moment.
Here's another video I took at 12:00pm in our front yard:
Oh yeah, we also have a tornado warning for Brevard County (Most of Florida has a tornado warning right now). There was at least one tornado that touched down somewhere yesterday (I think on the south east side of FL).
That's it for now. I wanted to do a quick update because I'm not sure how much longer our power will be on. If it stays on the whole time that would make us "lucky".
Previous Update: http://lishayost.blogspot.com/2017/09/hurricane-irma-update-6.html
Here's some footage I took at about 11:40am (at about 0:44 seconds I have to move back from the screen because a large gust of wind came blowing in a bunch of rain, etc):
And another video about a minute later:
Very windy gusts, misty rain flying everywhere (as I said before, videos don't really do it justice). Our backyard has a nice lake in it now (which we've experienced before). The weather feels very cool, colder outside than inside (usually it's cooler inside because air conditioning).
It has calmed down now. The conditions change moment by moment.
Here's another video I took at 12:00pm in our front yard:
Oh yeah, we also have a tornado warning for Brevard County (Most of Florida has a tornado warning right now). There was at least one tornado that touched down somewhere yesterday (I think on the south east side of FL).
That's it for now. I wanted to do a quick update because I'm not sure how much longer our power will be on. If it stays on the whole time that would make us "lucky".
Previous Update: http://lishayost.blogspot.com/2017/09/hurricane-irma-update-6.html
Comments
Post a Comment