Hurricane Irma Update 3
Got some sporadic rain and wind today (not from the hurricane, just usual summer weather here). Now it's just dreary. We've been doing prepping. Mostly water stuff. Kyle's been dealing with the outside stuff, and I've been working on mostly inside stuff, food and water, packing evacuation kit, etc.
It seems we are going to have very bad weather from saturday night to monday morning or night. Worst on Sunday. It will pretty much be raining almost non-stop from Saturday afternoon until monday night or later. Sunday shows red rain (in the radar thing) which usually we only get green. It's possible our power could go out as early as tomorrow, but hopefully not til sunday. Quite frankly the thing I'm worried about most with no power is not having air conditioning because it's so humid here (and kind of hot), it is really just so miserable without A/C.
When the hurricane is bad we will be in the hallway and hall bathroom which is in the middle of our house. We will have food and water and blankets and our kitties. Got all the flashlights and stuff working with fresh batteries.
I did laundry today and last minute things that use electricity. I will be making some homemade chili tonight which we will eat the first one-two days of power outage. We have a bunch of canned food, chips, crackers, cookies, nuts, dried fruit, slim jims, apple sauce, and a bunch of other stuff. I've been cooking all our food in the freezer and we've been trying to eat all our fridge food, and save the food in our cupboards for power outage time.
I made a bunch of filtered water in lots of different containers, jars, jugs, etc. We also already had gallons of water and individual water bottles from the last hurricane. We have a ton of water to drink. Freezing a lot of it to keep our fridge and freezer colder a bit longer. I have a cooler and some empty containers to put more water in for flushing toilets, etc. and we're going to fill up the bathtub for that as well.
Previous Update: http://lishayost.blogspot.com/2017/09/hurricane-irma-update-2.html
Next Update: http://lishayost.blogspot.com/2017/09/hurricane-irma-update-4.html
It seems we are going to have very bad weather from saturday night to monday morning or night. Worst on Sunday. It will pretty much be raining almost non-stop from Saturday afternoon until monday night or later. Sunday shows red rain (in the radar thing) which usually we only get green. It's possible our power could go out as early as tomorrow, but hopefully not til sunday. Quite frankly the thing I'm worried about most with no power is not having air conditioning because it's so humid here (and kind of hot), it is really just so miserable without A/C.
When the hurricane is bad we will be in the hallway and hall bathroom which is in the middle of our house. We will have food and water and blankets and our kitties. Got all the flashlights and stuff working with fresh batteries.
I did laundry today and last minute things that use electricity. I will be making some homemade chili tonight which we will eat the first one-two days of power outage. We have a bunch of canned food, chips, crackers, cookies, nuts, dried fruit, slim jims, apple sauce, and a bunch of other stuff. I've been cooking all our food in the freezer and we've been trying to eat all our fridge food, and save the food in our cupboards for power outage time.
I made a bunch of filtered water in lots of different containers, jars, jugs, etc. We also already had gallons of water and individual water bottles from the last hurricane. We have a ton of water to drink. Freezing a lot of it to keep our fridge and freezer colder a bit longer. I have a cooler and some empty containers to put more water in for flushing toilets, etc. and we're going to fill up the bathtub for that as well.
Previous Update: http://lishayost.blogspot.com/2017/09/hurricane-irma-update-2.html
Next Update: http://lishayost.blogspot.com/2017/09/hurricane-irma-update-4.html
Comments
Post a Comment